How are you guys doing?
I said on my Instagram (follow me!) I would review The Face Shop sheet masks, and I’m here!
Okay, so if you have an internet connection and do not know what sheet masks are, W-H-Y? Kidding, let me tell you!
So, basically, Korean skin care is big right now. We’ve all seen the flawless skins of Koreans and now, we’re trying to adopt their beauty routines (which are flawless, btw.) It is a 10-12 step routine of which sheet masks are an important part.
I’m planning to do an Indian affordable/drugstore version of the routine soon, look out for that, it’ll be up soon!
Now, sheet masks as the name suggests are masks in the form of a sheet that sticks to your face. They’re cut out in the shape of a face with eye and nose holes (because, duh.) They’re soaked in essence which depends on the mask that you’re choosing.
Coming to how it works. You just need to unload it and put it on your face for 10-15 minutes, letting the skin soak up all the goodness from the essence. After which, you should massage the leftover product into your face to get the maximum benefits.
PRICE: Those were the basics. Let’s come to the masks that I have with me right now. I have 10 of the masks and I got it for Rs. 50 each during a sale from Nykaa. Buy them, here.
CLAIMS: Let’s look at what each of these masks are supposed to do before moving on to the actual review.
- The Face Shop Real Nature Shea Butter Face Mask: Clarifying effect and nourishing effect.
- The Face Shop Real Nature Kelp Face Mask: Extra Glow effect and clarifying effect.
- The Face Shop Real Nature Red Ginseng Face Mask: Clarifying effect and Revitalizing effect
- The Face Shop Real Nature Blueberry Face Mask: Clarifying effect and firming effect.
- The Face Shop Real Nature Honey Face Mask: Clarifying effect and glowing effect.
- The Face Shop Real Nature Aloe Face Mask: Extra glowing effect, clarifying effect, hydrating effect and soothing effect.
- The Face Shop Real Nature Goji Berry Face Mask: Clarifying effect and hydrating effect
- The Face Shop Real Nature Rice Face Mask: Extra glowing effect, clarifying effect and brightening effect
- The Face Shop Real Nature Avocado Face Mask: Clarifying effect and bouncing effect.
- The Face Shop Real Nature Green Tea Face Mask: Clarifying and purifying effect.
SKIN CONDITION AND BACKGROUND: So, I have predominantly dry skin, but recently, I’ve been turning to dry to combination (dry cheeks and slightly oily T-zone.) I have flaky dry patches around my mouth sometimes. My skin is also dull, glow and life less a lot of times.
Spoiler alert: I love these.
Now, when I opened the packet (I used the Rice one, btw) everything was so runny. There was essence all over the place, haha.
I placed the mask on my face and used all the extra essence in the packet on my hands and arms (there was a lot.)
I left it on for 15 minutes exact and then removed it, massaging the leftover essence into the skin.
And OH MY GOD, I could see my skin had an instant life to it, it was bright, refreshed and hydrated. I love these so much. They’re definitely the best thing I’ve done for my face in a long long time now.
REPURCHASE: Oh, hell yeah. Once I use all of these up, I’m totally going to!
That’s it for this post, thanks for stopping by.
Loads of love,