Tag, tag, tag!
I love tag posts, they’re personal and much more fun. Let’s do this one which is the 30 beauty questions tag.
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
It must have been a kajal. I’m an Indian girl and black kohl is the first thing we start learning, so I guess it would be that.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I have different favourites for different occasions. I love extreme volume on fancy occasions while for everyday I like medium volume with a lot of separation. Maybelline does the best mascaras. Currently, I’m using the Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara and the Essence I love Extreme mascara.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
Medium to light, skin should look like skin. That sounds better for me.
4. Favorite high end brand?
I don’t own any high end brands, if I do and I love them I will obviously let you guys know.
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Too many hah! NYX along with every high end brand that there is on the planet.
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
Maybelline, affordable decent quality products. I also like L’Oreal but am yet to try it in greater depths. Another one would be Rimmel.
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
I don’t, I haven’t perfected the are, but I want to. I hope I can. Difficult thing to perfect.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
No, I love makeup and I would wear concealer everyday, but if I must I could totally go without any make up.
9. What is your most cherised beauty product?
My Maybelline the Nudes palette, my concealer from L’Oreal Paris and the banana powder from freedom.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
Whenever I have the money too. I buy a lot of goodies, every trip home from college.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
My budget includes as much cash I carry. If it is a few buck, I spend it. If it is a thousand, I spend it.
12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
I do, if I usually have some from the NewU store and I make sure I take full advantage of it.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
It’s weird but I own 80 foundations and I don’t even use foundations. I also have tonnes of concealers.
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
I’m weirdly extremely non-brand conscious, I try anything and everything.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
It’s a good thing if they’re not there, but I am not a Nazi, yeah.
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
NewU stores and other local stores like Lifestyle or Shopper’s Stop that carry most of the brands.
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I like trying new things, I keep changing the products every now and then.
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
Nivea, the range from Biotique and Palmolive.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
It’s weird how I’ve never tried it, but their range attracts me like none other, NYX.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
The Balm has the best packaging haha. L’Oreal too has really classy packaging.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Oh, the Kardashian-Jenners.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
23. 5 favourite Beauty Gurus
I have favourite Indians as well. Shreya Jain (sjlovesjewelery), Debasree Banerjee, Aishwarya Kaushal, Komal (My happinesz), Aditi Singh and Ankita Srivastava (Corallista), Malvika Sitlani there are so many more. I can’t even.
Can’t pick 5 I’m really sorry.
24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
No, they’re overrated and useless. I’ve never come to use them.
25. Are you clumsy in putting makeup?
When I’m in a rush and when I’m putting eyeliner on. Eyeliners will always make me sick af.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Only my concealer, gone over with powder.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
I oil my hair with a mix of olive, coconut, avocado, jojoba and castor oil. I wash my hair with L’Oreal Paris fall resistant shampoo, condition them with Matrix smooth straight hair conditioner. And use the serum, Matrix Smooth straight hair serum next. See my hair care routine.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation then concealer.
On bad under eye days, concealer, then foundation then concealer.
29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I love the idea fit. I want to, I would love to.
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love how I feel awesome and refreshed I feel when I look at a make up store, I love how every new launch makes me go crazy with excitement. I love how wearing makeup changes how I look less tired and more ready to take the day and all the BS that comes with it. I love how I love to see myself after I have my make up on. I love that confidence it gives me. I love how people respect me for knowing a little bit of it. I love everything about it.
Now, those were my answers, enjoyed?
Now lets begin sharing and answering, shall we?
Thanks for stopping by.
Loads of love,