A few of you guys wanted to know what products I love for my make up, so here’s all the products I swear by when I put any make up on.
- PRIMER: Colorbar Perfect Match Primer. This is the only one I’ve ever used, it works so well I never felt like trying anything else. I never skip this step, I even wear only this at times. It’s the best thing ever.
- FOUNDATION: Kiko Milano Universal Fit Hydration Foundation. DA BEST SHIZ EVER! I’m not a foundation person but this one might turn me. It’s very light, reasonably good coverage and does not stick to any dry patches. If Kiko Milano is not available to you where you live, you could try the Maybelline Fit Me foundation, it’s great too and similar. I’m in the shade 230.
- CONCEALER: L’Oreal True Match Concealer (N4/5 Medium) + L.A. Girl Pro Concealer (Creamy Beige). I like my true match concealer great for everyday looks. It doesn’t crease, is my exact shade and works great when I don’t have to highlight my face. The L.A. Girl one is what I use for highlighting. On fancy occasions, I use these two on top of each other. They work very well.
- SETTING POWDER + COMPACT: Miss Claire Setting Powder (translucent) and Maybelline Superfresh Compact (shell). For everyday makeup, I use compact for setting everything. On fancier days, I use loose setting powder. The one I have is cheap and does the job just fine.
- BLUSH: Lakme Shimmer Brick (Pink). I got this one for about 3-4 months back when it was launched and honestly, every time I feel like a blush, I see myself reaching for this one. I have others, but this one is my favourite of all times. If you haven’t tried it, it’s time you do. Another one I love is Maybelline Cheeky glow in creamy cinnamon and peachy sweetie. It’s better for everyday use, it’s shimmer less pink and is very pretty.
- BRONZER + HIGHLIGHTER: L’Oreal Paris Bronzer Duo and Mary Louminizer from the Manizer Sisters palette. I can never over-contour. I hate the idea of contouring, bronzing on the other hand, is my favourite. It makes my skin look flushed and not bland like a layer of foundation does. I also love the Maybelline V Face duo for this purpose. The highlight that comes in the duo topped with Mary Louminizer is the best thing you’ll ever see. Try it!
- EYE SHADOW: Maybelline The Nudes Palette. If I had only one set of shades to live with, it would be neutrals. This palette comes with the best neutrals and is so affordable. It’s amazing. If you have more money to invest, you could try neutrals palette from Make Up Revolution or Freedom Make Up. I’ve heard they’re better.
- EYE LINER + KAJAL: Maybelline Gel Liner and Faces Magneteyes Kajal. Very recently a friend of min complimented me on how my kajal was not all over my under eyes like almost everyone else she’s seen, this kajal is the reason. The combination of this gel liner and kajal is the best thing that’s ever happened to my eye make up. You must try these!
- MASCARA: Maybelline Colossal Mascara. I thought Maybelline does the best mascaras and I still do. Only now I have another favourite, Essence I love Extreme Mascara. It is really truly the most voluminising mascara I’ve ever seen. It mimics falsies so so appropriately. Love these two!
- LIPSTICK: Lip balm over lipstick, every single day till the end of days. My favourite lipsticks however, have to be Lakme Lip and Cheek Tint in Blush Velvet and Maybeline colorshow lipstick in mysterious mocha. I actually have more favourites than that but I’ll be doing a different post on my favourite lipsticks soon enough.
That guys, were my ride and die make up products, I swear by each and every one of those. I try different things but I’ve found myself coming back to these again and again. Also, this list may change as I discover better products and I’ll be sure to update all of you guys. For now, this is the ones that I love right now.
What are your ride or die products? Tell me in the comments below.